In 1998, Fred Mills created three North Carolina general partnerships, P.M.L.B., Kent Road Partners, and Trailwood Partners, to develop several student housing projects at Centennial Campus at North Carolina State University in Raleigh, North Carolina. These include University Oaks, University Glen, University Meadows, and University Woods at Centennial Campus, all of which are completed projects.
- Mills Construction Co., Inc. primarily builds multi-family residential housing for related companies.
- Affordable housing;
- Conventional multi-family properties; and
- Conventional multi-family student housing.
- Performs general contracting services for non-related clients.
- Performs grading, utility installation, and site improvements for both related and non-related clients.
- Build single family residences.